Dynamo was established in 1994, to work with official bodies, other cycling organisations and interested individuals to promote cycling as a safe, enjoyable and healthy means of transport.
DYNAMO VISION 2014
Dynamo’s vision – our dream, to inspire and motivate us and potential members
We have a vision of Lancaster district as a friendlier and healthier place where most local journeys are made by bike and on foot; cycling and walking are prioritised, road users show each other care and respect, and excellent infrastructure helps people of all ages to travel easily, safely and sustainably.
Specifically, we aim for:
- More journeys being taken by bike; others are encouraged to cycle, so cycling becomes a normal choice.
- Road users obeying traffic laws, including speed limits.
- Council officers and councillors facilitating safe local travel by foot and by bike when making planning decisions.
- Road design minimising conflict between motorised vehicles, cyclists and walkers: journeys feel safer and are safer.
- The council providing an expanded network of cycle routes and links between them.
The former Dynamo website (which is no longer updated) can be found here
If you wish to contribute to the Dynamo Blog, we would be happy to receive your thoughts. Please email any writing to Lancaster Dynamo at email@example.com.