The story so far . . .

Potholes on Aldcliffe Road reported to the County Council’s website on Monday afternoon. By Tuesday teatime they had been outlined (see above). We will bring you an update when they are filled in.

If you want to report a pothole, make sure you know the name of the street and, preferably, the number of a house close to the pothole (to make location easier), and report it at http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/roads-parking-and-travel/fault-search.aspx. Let us know how you get on.

About lancasterdynamo

Dynamo is a cycling group, established in 1994, to work with official bodies, other cycling organisations and interested individuals to promote cycling as a safe, enjoyable and healthy means of transport.
This entry was posted in City and County Councils, potholes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Potholes

  1. Comments from members: one person has tried the pothole reporting website and his pothole is still there.

    Matt writes:

    I have been reporting potholes for years and in North Lancashire most of the worst ones do get sort of filled in. I say “sort of” because quite often the deepest part is filled but an adjoining shallow hole is left until it gets to the required depth. Also it is not uncommon for the filling to be left as a hump so the jolt is nearly as bad as the previous hole. In Cumbria I found most reports were ignored but I haven’t reported any in Cumbria for some time so they may now be better.

    I usually report Potholes and other faults like broken manholes via the http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/ website and would urge others to do so for a number of reasons.

    * It is easy to use. You mark the position of the fault on a Google map Which will also show you satellite view to help fix the position. Usually you can also see the road name. It then calculates the Authority and sends the report to the correct email which is particularly useful if you are up the Lune Valley near the Cumbria or Yorkshire border.
    * The report stays on the website so there is public evidence the authority has been told if anyone later has an accident as a result. Other people can see the report though not your name etc. If it is a very bad one this could be used in a compensation claim.
    *If it is not fixed you can go back in and send the complaint again with a further message.
    * Once you have set up the report you can go back in to add further notes or photographs if you wish.
    * The authority can mark it fixed but Lancashire don’t do that.
    * I believe there is also a smart phone app that uses this but I don’t have a smart phone so I can’t comment on that.

    This is actually a CTC sponsored website but anyone can use it. You don’t have to be a member.

    Occasionally I report direct to Lancashire at ENV LHS Street Works This is usually if i want to report something that isn’t a simple fault like one recent case where a whole lane was full of potholes over a length of almost a quarter mile.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.