A cycle forum is being set up in Lancaster in order to allow everyone interested in supporting and developing cycling in the area to come along and get their voice heard. The initial meeting will be on Wednesday 29th June at 6pm at the Gregson Insitute on Moor Lane, Lancaster.
With an overall aim of increasing cycling levels in the district, it is hoped that individuals and representatives of organisations with an interest in supporting cycling in the area will come along and meet each other and look to carry forward the momentum of the cycling demonstration town initiative.
Below are the terms of reference for the group, and the agenda of the first meeting. We hope to see you there!!!
1) To enable all types of cyclists
• To input into future plans to increase cycle use and safety in the district
• To input into cycling, transport, development and other proposals that effect cycling in the district.
• To input into promotional plans
• To raise significant issues that are of concern to them.
2) To coordinate the activities of the two councils, employers, the third sector and voluntary groups to promote cycling
3) Review progress in increasing cycle use and improving cycle safety in the district.
The membership will vary from meeting to meeting, but will include
Local cycle campaign groups
People who cycle to major employers in the area
Cycle related businesses and social enterprises
Officers from County and City Council
The group also welcomes the views of new and infrequent cyclists, students and young people.
The forum will meet 2 to 3 times a year.
Lancaster Cycle Forum Agenda
Gregson Institute Moor Lane, Lancaster
6pm Wednesday 29th June 2011
1) Welcome to group and introductions
2) Purpose of group – terms of reference
3) Review of current situation
• Successes of cycling demonstration project
• What else do we need to do?
4) Infrastructure Programme
5) Promotional activities, including cycle training
6) Activities by employers and cycle groups to promote cycling